We all have choices in life. One important choice is to decide if you are going to be an ordinary thinker or an extraordinary thinker. What’s the difference?
- Ordinary thinkers are fear-driven. Extraordinary thinkers are love-driven.
- Ordinary thinkers believe they are victims of fate. Extraordinary thinkers know they are choosers of destiny.
- Ordinary thinkers approve the status quo. Extraordinary thinkers improve the status quo.
- Ordinary thinkers strive to be cool. Extraordinary thinkers strive to be themselves.
- Ordinary thinkers are tenant farmers in the paradigms provided by others. Extraordinary thinkers are constantly planting new and exciting paradigms in their lives and in the world.
- Ordinary thinkers trust experts. Extraordinary thinkers listen to experts, but trust themselves.
- Faced with adversity, ordinary thinkers give up. Faced with adversity, extraordinary thinkers give more.
- Ordinary thinkers expect little and receive it. Extraordinary thinkers expect much and receive it.
- Ordinary thinkers employ labels. Extraordinary thinkers seek understanding.
- Ordinary thinkers believe in chances. Extraordinary thinkers believe in choices.
- Ordinary thinkers think life happens to them. Extraordinary thinkers know life happens through them.
- Ordinary thinkers allow their doubts to rule them. Extraordinary thinkers allow their dreams to rule them.
- Ordinary thinkers believe one setback can stop everything. Extraordinary thinkers know one great idea can change everything.
- Ordinary thinkers conceive the world as “Us” vs. “Them”. Extraordinary thinkers see only we.
- Ordinary thinkers are comforted by easy answers. Extraordinary thinkers dare hard questions.
- Ordinary thinkers conform to the tribe. Extraordinary thinkers transform the tribe.
Let us all commit to extraordinary thinking today. Ordinary thinkers become extraordinary thinkers every day. Why not you? The hero you’re waiting for is waiting for you in the mirror.